środa, 22 września 2010

My Great City Escape!!

You know those people that regardless of being male or female are just so beautiful you just can't stop looking at them? Samirah from French Guiana is one of them. A waitress in the near by izakaya (Japanese style bar I've always dreamt to drink and eat in and here I am, doing it every other day!) could not stop admiring Samirah's long limbs and she even commented on them what was a clear sign of how amazed she was to see a girl this thin and tall. Well, Samirah seems not only to be beautiful, she also makes an impression of a very happy person. So I decided to follow her advise when she said, that guilt is just a waste of time. In my situation, after 3 days of pricey pleasures at the Japanese seaside, it's really a good idea to skip the guilt part. I will suffer my share when the time comes to checking on my account. Now, let's just enjoy sweet memories of my best 3 days in Japan so far.
On Sunday evening I grew so dissatisfied with life (no, without any particular reason) I felt it's high time to to something about it. A trip to the seaside seemed a perfect solution. The weather forecast for the second part of the week was vary bad (and later proved to be accurate) so I decided I had to go on Monday morning. And so I did, departed for the train station with a stop at a post office to withdraw some more cash. That went smooth and I am revealed to know Japanese cash machines actually work for me. At the station it just happened somehow that instead of a ticket to Takeno I got myself a ticket to Kinosaki, a town famous for hot springs. After 2,5h by train (had to change twice and as one might predict I got lost) I got off at a station which did't stand out in any way from others. I was in a great mood though, having watched green hills from the train window I already knew that the reason I was not happy in Japan was cause I had stayed only in cities and I just was in a desperate need for going to the countryside.
After a short walk through Kinosaki I discovered a picturesque canal running through the town with two rows of willows bending over it. I found myself a Japanese style hotel, ryokan, and let the owner tell me what to do. Equipped with a yukata and geta (in English - a summer style robe and clogs) I set off for my first onsen experience. And it was good! After visiting 3 different springs (and feeling slightly ee.. boiled) I was unbelievable hungry. Japanese food didn't amaze me till that moment so I felt a little bit sad even before I had dinner, just expecting to eat again something tasteless and boring. But, to my surprise, the crab I ordered in a quite sleazy bar was amazing! I still sight thinking of the tender white flesh of this poor animal that found it's end at an electric grill. I was slightly sated by the fact it died actually couple of months ago and waited for me in a freezer as crab season is winter but for such a delicacy I guess I can skip the guilt part and if only I will be in Japan in January, my first destination is going to be Kinosaki and the sleazy bar.
Next day I made it to the seaside in a deserted to the point of creepiness town of Takeno. I was the only person on the beautiful sandy beach where I spent good 4h swimming, sun-bathing and loving my life. On Wednesday morning there was no sun any more and it was raining quite heavily, it didn't stop me though from wandering through hills covered with something looking like a sub-tropical forest (given the fact that I heard winters in Takeno are pretty snowy, it could't be one, I guess). I found a snorkelling centre with one crazy looking oceanologist in it and wrapped tightly in wet-suits we went swimming and admiring Sea of Japan sea-life. The reason to wear the wet-suits was poisonous jellyfish. We saw only one of those and on my previous day in Takeno I didn't see a single one, so as long as they are not lethal I personally think it's just again an example of Japanese touchiness. In South-East Asia everybody is ok swimming in waters crammed with jellyfish giving you the most terrible rush one can think of but for Japanese this would be just unthinkable.
I can't complain though, the trip was amazing and I set off for Kyoto equipped by the elderly ryokan owner in home made nigiri. Back in the city the weather hadn't changed yet though I could see thunders on the horizon. Neighbours on the street where Hannari is located put outside a meter high air figure of a Hattifattener. Isn't it just what every reasonable person should do in an event of a storm?




Nijou Station Kyoto - waiting to buy tickets for the first time...



Kids in Takeno




Delicious ^^





Takeno - Japanese end of the world...




Repairing nets





Postcard from my private paradise








Kinosaki window view




And me at the window



















Takeno felt like sepia...





And this was just way to good to wait another couple of months to get it...



And to practise my poor Japanese..
最近は大きい町の生活で私はすっかり疲れた。 それで海岸へ旅行をする事にしました。 海岸にある竹野って田舎の近くに有名な城崎温泉があるので一つ旅の時二つの所を見た方がいいと決めました。

京都から城崎温泉まで電車で2、3時間掛かります。旅館に荷物を残して浴衣と下駄に着直しました。日本っぽく見えると生活に初めて温泉に行きました。素晴らしい経験で温泉に毎週少なくも一回行きたくなりました!

次の日に竹野まで行って海に泳ぎました。 水はめっちゃ温かくても人々は一人もいません。水はめっちゃ温かくても人々は一人もいません。実は一人で泳ぐと気持ちはびみょうでした。。しかし楽しかった!

天気はつずうしくなって嵐も来ました。 京都に戻った時町には未だ暑かったがはんなりゲストハウスの隣人さんは家の前にプラスチックのニョロニョロを表しました。 あのニョロニョロってはムーミンと言うアニメのキャラクタで嵐の時出て来る物です。。。

^^'

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz