środa, 8 września 2010

First day in Hannari


Ok, so Hannari isn't bad at all. I even quite like the fact that I have some duties in Kyoto, cause not having enough money to devote myself to pleasures like shopping, getting massage, or eating/drinking whatever and whenever I want, I would simply get bored. I'm starting to think that China seemed a much better experience for me not because China is actually better, but because I could enjoy China in many more ways. The fact I sent home 14kg of new shoes, books and clothes is a good example. In China I was just rich. Wherever it is, if you have money, you like it. It gives you endless options, you aren't limited by bad weather, (always can take a cab back home, find a shelter in a restaurant etc) nor time (well, basically travelling by train/plane is somewhat faster than by bike). But in Japan I am not rich. I would even say - I am poor. Initially the journey was planned for a month but without a reason I rebooked my tickets to stay three month. Just divide a newer big budget by three. What it gives is... nothing. Not enough to sleep, eat, nor drink enough. Not mentioning taking cabs, trains, or buses. It's just not enough for anything. Thus I have to look for opportunities like Hannari. It is not bad, as I said, but it would be much nicer just to be able to stay in a 5 star hotel just like I did in Shenzhen when I had no other accommodation available around. And I didn't have to worry about the price cause it still seemed like I was paying nothing. I ain't saying that in Japan I would stay in a hotel like that, I'm just saying that it is nice to know one can do it.
So, this makes the first, significant, big difference between my experience in China and Japan. But still, being in Kyoto, I can say I like it. Kyoto is Japanese as you would imagine Japan to be. Geisha movie like. Lovely. And I am here in Kyoto, money or no money. I'm finally here, where I dreamed to be for the last 6 or more years. And it's not spoiled even by the fact I just made a stupid mistake confusing particles and instead of confirming I doubted if the cookie I was offered was good.
I love Kyoto and I want to come back in February to teach English. Even if it's still crap when I write it, it's not that bad when I speak it. And to be honest I bet I know more than 5 native speakers who can't write either. So yes, reassured by accusing others, I want to teach English in Japan for 6 months. I have applied to the first company today. Wish me luck!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz